Sunday, September 18, 2011

A picture around campus

The new freshmen dorm

As I left class Thursday I knew exactly what I wanted to take a picture of on campus and learn more about; the construction. It's all over campus and you can't walk anywhere without being effected by the presence of it. I'm still not positive what this new development is but I thought I heard someone mention a new freshmen dorm that will be opening next year. As you can imagine, I was a little disappointed to hear that being a LaFarge resident. LaFarge is not necessarily the nicest dorm and I was really hoping to live in McShane being the newest dorm. I also heard rumors that due to spacing issues they are planning on tearing down Moore hall this summer to accommodate the new dorm, but that information was coming form another freshmen so I can only speculate the truth of that statement.

Although, I do have some high hopes for what this campus might look like within the next couple years. As much as we may all hate the new construction around campus, one can only imagine what the future of St. Joe's may look like in the coming years. After seeing the sketches of the new library addition, the freshmen dorm, and the new athletic fields, I'm starting to get pretty excited to see and take advantage of the the finished projects when I'll be a junior or senior.

1 comment: